Menu

Any 2008 Town and Country Touring reviews??

Moxie

We're going to look at a 2008 T&C tonight.  Any reviews??  I'm a fan of Grand Caravans so I know nothing about the T&C.

ETA: If you are looking at a car, and you google "XYZ car problems", it is utterly terrifying!!  Bring back the horse!

My parents had a 2008 T&C that they absolutely loved.  The thing started literally falling apart on them last year, though.  They have a 2013 now, but don't love it as much as the old one (not that it was drivable anymore).  They've had Chrysler minivans since the first year (1984 Plymouth Voyager), and the things have consistently broken down badly at about the 6 year mark.

Hey we're going to look at a 2008 T & C Touring on Saturday hopefully.  Hope you aren't anywhere near me and looking at the same one :)  I really hate car shopping!! Its too nerve wracking because I'm so worried about getting a piece of junk.

T & C isn't my top pick for minivans (that would be the Odyssey)  but if you like Grand Caravans then your good with the T & C.  Its essentially the same car but the T & C is the more expensive one version

My parents had a 2008 T&C that they absolutely loved.  The thing started literally falling apart on them last year, though.  They have a 2013 now, but don't love it as much as the old one (not that it was drivable anymore).  They've had Chrysler minivans since the first year (1984 Plymouth Voyager), and the things have consistently broken down badly at about the 6 year mark.

I can't imagine a vehicle only lasting 6 years.  That sounds insane.  Do they put a butt load of miles on it in those six years?  If my cars kept crapping out at 6 years I'd find a new brand to go with

Consumer Reports has rated Chrysler minivans as the worst of the worst for ages now.  I wouldn't touch one with a 10 foot pole.

I would look at a Toyota Sienna.  They aren't as big on creature comforts as American minivans, but much more reliable for a much longer time.

I like our T&C van but we've had problems with the transmission three times in 3 years, had to replace it the one time, and this last time it was a small part of the tranny and easily repaired. I'm just happy to have a dh who can fix just about anything. We just bought it three years ago.