Menu

Anyone suffering from allergies now?? Laryngigis remedies needed --

PrincessMommy

I guess it's because of this mild summer, but this week my son and I have been hit terrible with allergies.  He's completely lost his voice and I just feel so draggy and yuck.    It doesn't help that it snuck up on me and we haven't been taking our OTC allergy meds since spring.  Ugh...and the weather is so beautiful too. 

Anyone have a good laryngitis remedy I could try with my 13yr old?

Does he have a mold allergy?   I do and I think this has been the hardest summer on my throat yet.

Gargling with hot salt water when I have to be awake, and with whisky in the evening has been the best remedy so far.  Hot toddies and eating a lot of salty, crunch foods help too.

Mostly keeping the windows shut, the air on even when it's wonderful out, and being ruthless about throwing out moldy produce help the most.

Also, I take benadryl at night.  It's the only way to breathe.

Thank you Katy, I hadn't thought about giving him salty foods.

We do keep the windows closed- so sad, I love the cool breeze at night, but it does not love me back.

He has not been dx with any official allergies... but he definitely has some seasonal stuff.  He was fine until this week.

I guess it's because of this mild summer, but this week my son and I have been hit terrible with allergies.  He's completely lost his voice and I just feel so draggy and yuck.    It doesn't help that it snuck up on me and we haven't been taking our OTC allergy meds since spring.  Ugh...and the weather is so beautiful too. 

Anyone have a good laryngitis remedy I could try with my 13yr old?

Laryngitis - make sure he rests his voice and not even whisper.

I get ragweed allergies around now and into the later summer. It comes after I've gotten over all the tree pollen allergy symptoms, so there isn't a lot of summer when I'm breathing perfectly. Humidity can make the environmental allergies worse for me, as do other pollutants like smoke from forest fires that often occur in the summer. Hope you both get some relief quickly.