Menu

New AP Biology online class available

Kolbe announced today that their Advanced Honours Biology class has received the green flag from College Board for the AP designation. 

http://kolbe.org/news/ap-biology-course/

YEAH! I'm a happy camper! PA homeschoolers didn't work for us, as my kid truly need direct interaction with a teacher, not asynchronous interaction.  

Here's the link to the class description

http://kolbe.org/online-courses/course-offerings/2014-15-school-year/high-school/online-science-courses/wcs-bio-ap/

The class meets twice a week, for an hour each time. Monday and Thursday, 6h25 -7h25 pm Eastern time. (yea it's a bit late, but it allows the West Coast to take part)

My son is taking this class btw. 

Some precisions.

This is mostly a secular class. (Evolution is taught as fact)

However Kolbe is a Catholic school. Classes start with a prayer. And one section of the course is on a book called "Chance or Purpose" which is decidedly Catholic. But it's a small part of the overall class. 

Some precisions.

This is mostly a secular class. (Evolution is taught as fact)

However Kolbe is a Catholic school. Classes start with a prayer. And one section of the course is on a book called "Chance or Purpose" which is decidedly Catholic. But it's a small part of the overall class.

Do you know what they're doing about labs? Surely AP Bio can't just have virtual labs? Dd is still saying she wants to come home (big decision will have to be next week - she's back from the NL tomorrow; discussion has been on hold for a while) and AP Bio is definitely on the list...