Menu

WWE

Meghann

The Complete Writer Book is all you need for all 4 years.  That is what I have.  However, it doesn't include all of the reading selections for you.  You will need to find your own literature selections, and they would do their work on paper.  If you like them all laid out for you, SWB created the workbooks.  You then wouldn't need The Complete Writer Book because it's all laid out with teacher helps.  The student pages are the consumable pages in the workbook if you wanted to use it with more than one child.  You could just purchase those without having to purchase the entire workbook again.  So, no, you only need The Complete Writer or the workbook, based on your preferences.

We tried out WWE3 this year. We only purchased the workbook, not The Complete Writer or the student pages. We did not use the consumable pages, rather we wrote out the narrations and such on looseleaf paper, so it can be used with another student. The workbook includes all the readings and also directions for the instructor, so it was a complete program for us.

Erica in OR

I like using the workbooks and having all the lessons done for us. I looked at the The Complete Writer but have little extra time to dedicate to searching for lit selections. I'm an open and go girl. :)

This year I'm getting the student pages as PDF's from the website and then having them bound for each level/student so I don't have to tear out, copy, and keep a master for the child to come. But you could just use plain paper just as easily.