Menu

good cheap camera to send w/kids to camp?

Those cardboard disposable cameras rarely take good pictures.  I've sent them a couple of times to girl scout camp with my daughter and got back fuzzy pictures that were dark. I don't really have a recommendation other than there's a good chance that she won't have time, or just won't take pictures.  I've sent DD with her digital camera (one that was no more than $50) and she did not take more than two pictures. She is 14 now, and just yesterday got back from a 10-day fine arts camp.  No phones allowed, and all she had was an iPod for music. I asked if she would have wanted a camera and she said no, some of her friends took pictures and will just text or email them to her.  

Do you have an old cellphone kicking around?  That is what my 9yo uses.  We don't have a plan on it, so to get the photos out we transfer the memory card to my computer.

My 11yo daughter uses a Nikon coolpix, but I don't remember how much we paid for it.