Menu

Online classes?

MelanieM

We did a science class when they were little. The fellow teaching it was enthusiastic, but tardy in getting the videos up, his paperwork had a lot of typos & inaccurate facts in it.

They took another science class, same teacher different topic had bought both at once, that was better in regards to information, but eventually we just went back to our normal stuff because it was just insane. Glad I only paid the sale price for those two classes. :lol:

I have one taking a programming class which has been a huge hit.

Other then that. Nada. I refuse to pay $300+ on classes where I still provide all the supplies & do the work with the student who then "chats about it" with the "teacher" That's pointless. I have to say, regardless of how TWTMA classes will work, I'm horrified & heavily disappointed in their prices too. :(

Ds took the algebra class at LIVE Online Math this year and he loved it. The class met live three times a week, but the lectures were also recorded. So, if ds missed a class for some reason, he was able to watch the recording later to get caught up before next class meeting. My son enjoyed interacting with teacher and other students the most. The kids always had an opportunity to work out problems together during class. The instructor, Mr. Bovey, was always encouraging, upbeat, and genuinely concerned with kids' progress. What I liked best about it was that my son could ask questions and have them answered in "real time."

Older loves Tabletclass.com Math. Loves.

We did Lone Pine Latin which was fantastic but too much work for my 6th grader (it's a high school course).

We will be doing Derek Owens Physical Science this year, which looks good and gets good reviews.

We MAY do TWTMA Expository Writing 2 this year. Maybe. 

What's TWTMA? I'm assuming it's The Well Trained Mind... something? I haven't been super active on the forums for a while, so I'm assuming I missed a new Peace Hill Press product?

I assume it is The Well Trained Mind Academy

We have used Landry for on-line American History and Art.  DS is doing Veritas Press self-paced right now.  There are pros and cons to all of it.  FWIW, I would do both types again if I got another deep discount.  I would not pay full price.