Menu

Do you wash your walls?

Unless you're in my current rental where recently, yes, the cheap, water based paint did come off and was all over my sponge. I only used water and no form of cleaner. I have only ever lived in rentals, even growing up. My parents were allowed to paint some of our homes and used decent paints that one could easily wash without this happening. I was actually surprised to find this his happen since it wasn't a norm for me.

Yeah, I think it's the paint here. It is not semigloss, much of it is flat paint that wipes off even with a sponge and water.

So we don't wash, and I never did before we moved here either.

I plan to repaint the walls once funds free up enough for some paint.

Yes, the kind of paint makes a difference we specifically picked paint that could be washed when rebuilding. We had used flat paint before and you couldn't wash off anything.

I did the downstairs yesterday and just ended up vacuuming the walls that I could really see the dust - worked great. This morning when I went up to work in the kids room they have this flat paint, (we haven't painted their rooms yet) and ick, they are impossible to clean! Luckily, I don't care about their walls that much as we intend to paint them soon.