Menu

Stain glass craft using a laminator?

Angela

I was thinking of letting the children make a stainglass design with a large sharpie outline thickly colored on the inside with crayons. But instead of using wax paper doing it on the inside page of a laminating pouch & then running it through the laminator. Do you think this would work? Has anyone ever tried this? Thanks! Angela

I have had my kiddos use tissue paper on a plastic transparency and then run it through our laminator. I use the black puff paint to go around the different colored tissue paper designs. That might be a little more work.

My kids favorite one was, they smashed up colored lifesavers and made an outline with regular sugar cookie dough. Placed the smashed up lifesavers inside and we baked it until the hard candy melted. These looked just like stained glass, and they were edible too!

Not stained glass but a related laminating craft: This fall when the leaves turn colors, you can laminate them, cut off excess plastic around the leaf, and stick a magnet on the back to make leafy refrigerator magnets.

We did this one year and the kids sold them at a craft fair.

Happy laminating!

Dana

My kids favorite one was, they smashed up colored lifesavers and made an outline with regular sugar cookie dough. Placed the smashed up lifesavers inside and we baked it until the hard candy melted. These looked just like stained glass, and they were edible too!

ooooh, edible projects are my favorite! thanks for sharing.

I love this idea! What a great way do a leaf collection too. Did you press it & let it dry out first? Angela

Good question. I don't think we pressed them - and they were pretty dry already. The lamination process presses them! I found a few of them a couple of years later and they still look good.

-Dana