Menu

Options for tub floor traction?

ILiveInFlipFlops

DH has asked me to look into a few options for our tub floor. He's slipped a couple of times when stepping into the shower in the past week and is now nervous about it (but never has before, so it's weirdly random :confused1: ). We used to have a tub mat and it would get so nasty and moldy that I finally threw it out. I vaguely remember having tub decals in a previous tub and hating scrubbing them--they never seemed clean, and they too got yucky around the edges. 

Are there other options or solutions? I don't like to use major chemicals to clean the tub, so I don't want to have to start using powerful products just to clean whatever safety feature we add, but I also don't want anyone getting hurt unexpectedly.

Thanks.

Yep, we have silicon mats here, too--I throw mine in the washing machine from time to time and lay it back down later after it air dries. The trick is either to do as Ellie does, or to wash it frequently. The machine wash is just the easiest with all the little suction cup thingies. I put it in with a load of towels to help "scrub" it. It doesn't get mildewed in just a week or so.

(Actually I should come clean, so to speak--It's really dd's job! lol!)

Guest submarines

There's a solution, something like a special colorless paint, for the bottom of the tub. We bought it in a baby proofing store years ago and it worked really well. It made the tub feel somewhat rubbery and somewhat rough-feeling.