Menu

Elemental Science High School Bio online?

I just heard about this... does anyone have more info?   Is anyone going to take this?  It says this is a live class, but it doesn't say who the teacher is (and therefore no info on their background, experience, or 'worldview').  I'd also want to see a syllabus or course outline that would say what chapters/topics would be covered...

I'm going to need Biology for 9th, which fortunately is still year after next - I was thinking of using Kolbe syllabus w/ Miller/Levine Dragonfly, but this option that would include a live class and grading is very tempting... but I need more info!  I'm really hoping someone has signed up and can give us all feedback on how it goes! :bigear:

I signed T up for the Physical Science class. The teacher is Brad Hudson, Paige's husband who has masters in biology and experience teaching. I picked the class based on the reputation of Elemental Science products, their chosen textbook and their low, low introductory price. T's class meets for 1 hour twice a week for live discussion. I think the biology is the same.

I think they used "natural selection" instead of mentioning the e-word in their biology description. In general, I'd venture to say creationist courses don't choose Miller Levine as their textbook. Hopefully you'll get more feedback after the school year starts.

• 9 months later...

Bumping an old thread to ask for feedback . . .

I signed T up for the Physical Science class. The teacher is Brad Hudson, Paige's husband who has masters in biology and experience teaching. I picked the class based on the reputation of Elemental Science products, their chosen textbook and their low, low introductory price. T's class meets for 1 hour twice a week for live discussion. I think the biology is the same.

I think they used "natural selection" instead of mentioning the e-word in their biology description. In general, I'd venture to say creationist courses don't choose Miller Levine as their textbook. Hopefully you'll get more feedback after the school year starts.

Chiguirre, how did the Physical Science class go?

I understand Elemental Science just started offering these high school classes this year (2014-15). Has anyone else tried them and care to provide a review? Thanks!

• 3 months later...

How is your experience of Elemental Science?I am looking for online science course if you share your experience I would go ahead.Are the classes and assignments hard for 13 yo?Are there quizzes and assignments?What about experiments?Thanks.