Menu

Question for Branson, MO area peeps

Bensmom

When we were in Branson about two years ago, we tried to get seats to a show but it was sold out for the weekend. I thought it was a Medieval Times (maybe my memory is wonky and it was Dixie Stampede). We are going back next week and I wanted to buy tickets for MT (ds is studying this period in history and I think he would love the show). Anyway, I don't see Branson listed as a location on the website. Did it close? Am I confused and there never was one? Am I looking at the wrong website? Please advise. Thanks.

Perhaps your memory is combining "Dixie Stampede" with a medieval castle-building project that was taking place near Branson. (Use the search words "medieval castle building project arkansas" to find articles.) I was very excited about the project, but it looks like it lost funding and is on hold. The idea is that craftspeople would build a castle the way it had been done in medieval times. Visitors could watch it grow through the years. I hope someone picks it up. I was really looking forward to going with our family at intervals to watch the progress and learn about the techniques.