Menu

trouble with forum

I ham having trouble using this forum.

I cannot quote, or edit, I type everything out in paragraph form, but it all gets bunched up. And the worst is that the smileys have gone :-(

I am using internet Explorer. I tried using Firefox to see if that would work better but it didn't, in fact every time I clicked on someone's post it would take me to other websites

Is anyone else having problems?

No problems here. I am using the Google Chrome web browser on a LinuxMint 15 PC.  Since you are having problems with two (2) web browsers (Internet Explorer and Firefox) it does sound like something has gone wrong on your PC.  On M$ Windows boxes, my wife is a true believer in the Advanced SystemCare Ultimate utility suite. She tried others, but that seems to work the best for her and we bought the license for 3 Windows boxes. 

You cannot uninstall M$ Internet Explorer from M$ Windows, but I believe you should try to "update" or "fix" it or any options like those that you might find available for Internet Explorer.  "Repair" might be another option for it. 

You can uninstall Mozilla Firefox and reinstall it.  I did that on our Dell Laptop and that got rid of an issue I was having with Firefox on a web site that is critical for me to be able to use, without issues.

We had *severe* issues with Google Chrome installed on the Laptop and we removed it and that eliminated those issues, but normally we use Google Chrome most of the time. My wife has gone to using M$ Internet Explorer on the Laptop, because that is working best for her at this time. We had not used Internet Explorer for *many* years.   

I suggest doing a very thorough scan for Malware, Viruses, etc.  I also suggest that you download and install the latest STABLE version of Google Chrome (32 bit or 64 bit depending upon the OS you are running) and that you test to see how that works for you here on WTM.  GL 

ETA: Clear all of the Cookies, etc., in your web browsers. Clear the "History" in them too.

Thanks Lanny, seems like a lot of bother just to access this forum. Everything is working fine with my computer on any other site I go to. I will do another computer scan........

Awe, this forum is worth it!

(And I'm told some viruses will just attack "one" thing before they then fan out and do more.  That's hearsay from kids at school - more computer literate kids at school.)