Menu

MTH-level fiction books about science topics on Kindle?

I'm compiling summer book lists. My oldest is easier because she's been a reader for so long that I know exactly what type of book to get her.

My oldest son, OTOH, is just getting past Frog and Toad and into MTH level. However, he DOES NOT want MTH because his sister has done them all. We did My Father's Dragon and he wasn't too interested. He loved the audio of Diary of a Wimpy Kid, but it's just a bit too much.

When we go to the library he picks lots of nonfiction books about snakes, bugs, spiders, human body, whatever. I'd normally do some MSB chapter books, but we are moving this summer and need these books to be available on Kindle. Non-science, but silly/funny would probably fine as well...

Recommendations?

I went looking at my Kindle content because I know I have several of these type of books (Insects! Butterflies! Dolphins! Snakes! Animals of the World) and I didn't pay for any of them.

But I must have gotten them when there was a free special. I wouldn't pay for them.

Here are some free ones you can try out. These are better with a Kindle Fire (color):

How about one on Uranus?

The reading level on this might be too high, but here's one on Elephants or Sea Turtles.

I wish I was a Sea Horse, Sharks, Spiders ... Good luck!

The Andrew Lost books are similar to the MSB chapter books and they appear to be on Kindle.  They're fiction with a science bent at MTH level.

How about the What was... books or the Who is...  books?  History, but nonfiction and easy to read.  Or for fiction, how about Stink?  Those are really easy and light.

The Andrew Lost books are similar to the MSB chapter books and they appear to be on Kindle. They're fiction with a science bent at MTH level.

How about the What was... books or the Who is... books? History, but nonfiction and easy to read. Or for fiction, how about Stink? Those are really easy and light.

I'll look up Andrew Lost. I have Stink on my list. :)

I also have a few non-fiction books, but I really want him to work on stories and comprehension in a light way.