Menu

Our area is having catastrophic flooding but we are doing okay

My area has gotten about 25" inches so far in this horrid storm. Roads are flooded, the sewer system is overwhelmed, we have fish on our sidewalk, etc, etc. They have closed most of the streets in my area including ours. I am so grateful since they expect us to get 5 or more inches more rain. This is truly a dreadful storm and it seems to be drawn to our location. Our area is never getting relief. It was stationary for hours and now is moving two miles an hour away from us. So far, we have had some water seep into the Florida room and wet spots appear on a few ceilings. The water from the lake in front of our house (formerly our street) is still quite far from our front of the house. Not much schoolwork got done today.

You have my sympathy. In the past decade, we experienced roughly twenty inches of rain from several different storms: Floyd, Ophelia and Tammy. Everything feels squishy for a while and the mosquitoes in the aftermath are terrible!

Take care and don't drive into standing water!! (Sorry to act like a nagging Mom but it is what I am.)

Jane