Menu

Sonlight Users...

hands-on-mama

Help me. I'm not sure why I'm even looking. I have already bought for next year. Although, I may need something to fill some space when my youngest finishes MFW K. I am thinking P 4/5. If I decided to go with P 4/5 for her, would it be possible to combine my oldest with her or would it be way too easy? My oldest turned 6 back in January. She does have some issues with listening comprehension though. They will probably finish Little Hearts and MFW K around the same time.

Am I crazy to be rethinking this? I figured I would continue on with Beyond but now I'm confused. It would be nice to combine in a way. The IG gives me a headache though. I don't like the layout at all.

Honestly, I started looking at Sonlight for a book list. Now, I keep looking at all the books. I need to step away from curriculum...

My kids enjoyed many of the Pre-K books for years (there were some they still requested at age 8 and beyond). So, as far as enjoyment goes, I think your 6 yo would still enjoy it. Quantity-wise, it may feel light for K, depending on what else you are doing. For a child who struggles with listening comprehension though, you may find it helpful. If you want, add on some more science or history, or do interest-led studies for something to add on. 

Back when I did Sonlight's Pre-K, there was no IG. I never felt it needed one. Read the books and enjoy. When I did it with my oldest, I let him pick something to read each day--he would always pick something we had already read, that he wanted me to re-read. Then I also read something new. We just enjoyed the books. 

Have fun with it!

Merry :-)

We used P4/5 and while it was a little light for my already-reading son who loved sitting and listening to books, we sometimes doubled up on the material or just added in other books to read as a family and for him to read alone.

You can keep both children at their correct LA level and math level and I don't feel that you would be holding the oldest back in any way.  The books are good at stretching their ability to sit and listen, as well.