Menu

Have you seen the Memoria Press Read-Aloud Sets?

4littlewomen

They have read-aloud sets for each year up to 6th grade. Here are the 4th-6th grade selections.  You can click on any grade level to see the lower grade selections as well. There are so many great classics and there are a lot of fun picture books for the earlier grades. What do you think? I love the idea of ordering a package of really wonderful books but so many literature packages have a lot of books that do not appeal to me. I am not familiar with all these books but many seem excellent. In the end, I would probably just choose some from the list to save money but it seems like a good selection from which to choose.

They also have these K-1 "Supplemental Science & Enrichment Sets" that look intriguing.

I agree that the lists are wonderful! I look to them for read-aloud ideas all the time. But because of the reading levels (and my childrens' varying levels of interest) I wouldn't buy packages, just buy them individually as they appeal to us. I find that when I buy a package I feel pressured to read them all, but that's my own issue.

We have done MP 1-3, we have enjoyed the read alouds but I have found most of them at the library. Ordering the package is great for convenience but there have only been a couple that I felt we really needed to own. And there have only been a couple that I was glad that I had not purchased! My 3rd grader likes to listen in to most the first grade read alouds and vice versa.

Thank you! I found our new Christmas read aloud for this year. I try to add one new chapter book to our Christmas book rotation every year and I have never heard of the Birds' Christmas Carol. It sounds like a wonderful book! April isn't too early to plan for our December read alouds, right? Personally I would not buy their packages because I prefer to buy beautifully illustrated hardcover versions of the classics, but I love finding new reading lists.

Thank you! I found our new Christmas read aloud for this year. I try to add one new chapter book to our Christmas book rotation every year and I have never heard of the Birds' Christmas Carol. It sounds like a wonderful book! April isn't too early to plan for our December read alouds, right? Personally I would not buy their packages because I prefer to buy beautifully illustrated hardcover versions of the classics, but I love finding new reading lists.

I am excited to look more at each book. I agree about buying hardcover versions of classics. I definitely prefer that as well. It is never a bad time to think about Christmas :)

I just ordered the Pre-K read-alouds (from Amazon since I already owned 1/3 of them) and I'm very excited about them. While I have read some of them many times, the ideas/questions in the lesson plans make them seem fresh again!