Menu

CAP W&R - teacher edition, student edition, or both?

dzingirl

Contemplating purchasing this today, although I don't think DD is actually ready for it yet, but I'm not sure what to get. I'm also not sure what I need for Song School Spanish. Do I want the whole kit or can just the teacher edition suffice? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

With W&R, I am finding both the student and teacher editions helpful.

We didn't use Song School Spanish, but we did use Song School Latin. In the case of Song School Latin, I found that I didn't need the Teacher's Edition. You'll definitely want the Student Edition though (assuming the Spanish is a similar layout) as that will be where your child does her work. HTH.

This has been my experience as well with W&R and SSL.  You could get by without the teacher book for W&R, but I appreciate having sample essays to refer to when doing the writing exercises with my dd.

At least for the first two books, I think you could easily get by with only the TM. I made a notebook for my dd to do the writing assignments in and she does most of the rest orally. I do own both the TM and student books for the first two and the only benefit I see to having both is that my dd can look at her book as I look at the TM. Not sure exactly what I'm going to purchase for the next set of books.