Menu

Bloggers...how to, where to etc!

I've never started a blog, but after reading many of your "weekly report" posts I think I might like to try to begin one. Would be a cool way to keep family and friends updated on us as well!

What are some of the best places to start blogging? Does it cost anything? Is it kept forever, or do I need to back-up the info? I was kind of thinking it would be a good virtual portfolio of our work for record keeping as well.

Thanks for your input!

blogspot.com (or google blogger) is free and easy. That's where I have my blog.

I back mine up when I'm about to mess with the template or something, but only then. Once a year you can have it printed professionally (there are internet companies that do this) or on your own computer printer.

I've seen blogs with archives going back several years. I can only imagine that will continue.

Have fun! It's been a fun hobby for me.

Another blogger user here. It's free, it's easy, and, yes, it's free. Plus, did I mention easy? Pretty much fits my criteria.

I would print out if you want a permanent record, though. Who's to say any of these blogging companies will be around forever? For that matter, who's to say you'll always have Internet access?

I started out a few years ago with homestead blogger and homeschool blogger. At the time I thought they were easer to use then blogger/blogspot. Now I would say the other way around, blogsplot has many more options and easer to use. That said I decided to use word press and put a blog on my own website. I've been moving my post over there slowly. Since I pay for my site and back it up, I have full control over it. I really like word press and if you want a free one with them, you can host it on their site.

Well, where do I start? I think you need to know what you are looking for.

I use mine at blogspot dot com the most. It is user friendly and I put my photos there from my Flickr account. It is really fast and easy. I used a standard layout and worked with it alot over time to make it unique for what I wanted.

I also have a .Me account where I keep my website. It also has a blog feature but is less user friendly than blogger.

I have a Wordpress blog where I type in my daily devotional. I liked its simplicity in design and have been pleased with it. I just type in it, no specific layout details.

If you want to put pictures in easily, I would probably go with blogger. They have really improved over the years.