Menu

Bridgeway Academy - anyone used it?

In another thread, Bridgeway Academy was mentioned as an accredited cover school that will (for a fee) take our homeschool high school work, consolidate it, and put it into a pretty "official" transcript and diploma that could be used to send to uptight State U's and possibly other places that require official and/or accredited non-mommy transcripts.

Has anyone used Bridgeway Academy, for this reason or any other?  Feedback, opinions?

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a friend who started homeschooling with a 6th grader last year using Bridgeway. I don't really know the details, but they thought the teacher was terrible and the child is going back to public school because they considered it a disaster. There was a lot going on in this family's life and I don't know how much of the blame for the disaster falls and them and how much on Bridgeway, but I thought I'd pass it along anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We almost used it one year, because of an unusual situation at our homeschool charter involving less commonly studied languages. We were basically going to be paying to have someone oversee my daughter's use of Rosetta Stone :-/

The local rep for Bridgeway told us after a couple weeks that they would not, in fact, be offering the Turkish. We went on and made other (expensive) plans, and then got notice that we were all set to go with Bridgeway. Apparently she had been working behind the scenes to try and make it happen, but did not inform us of this, so we had no reason to wait and see if Bridgeway would come through. The rep became bizarrely aggressively put out when we declined to proceed with the course (again, I had bought something else and had been given no hope that Bridgeway would come through with the language course.)

I do think our situation had more to do with the local rep than Bridgeway itself though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1