Menu

Oh no! We're all out of TV series to watch!! Recommendations?

J-rap

Interesting! My mom gave middle son Seasons 1-3 of Due South for Christmas - she just picked it out of a bin at Wally World... We've watched the first few, but stopped when my guy went back to college. It's kind of a cute series that many might like (we do)! Now I'll think of you whenever we watch more...

On another note... does anyone know what Mark Valley is doing now? (I have to go to school in 10 minutes, so can't google at the moment.) I went to high school with him - his sister was one of my best friends. I've long since lost track of both... Mark, of course, went to West Point, but then got into acting. I remember he was in Boston Legal (I never liked it enough to watch it though). I think he did one more series afterward that I haven't seen at all. I'm also thinking Lynne might be acting now too if I remember correctly from the rumor mill last time I was "home."

Must go to school now!

Awwww. Wally World.........love it.

It was a good show......I think it was taped in Toronto.

My husband and I like to have a series going. Most, including some mentioned here, are good enough to keep going with. Some, though, stick in my mind more than others. We loved BBC North and South. It's a must in my opinion. We enjoyed Life, and I haven't seen that mentioned here. We're watching Doc Martin now, and so far we've liked it. My husband started Justified, but I've not watched to see if it might fit your style. Lie to Me just came on prime, and I'm looking forward to that.

MERLIN!  Seriously.  We love this show.  There are 5 full seasons, and unlike other British shows, they are FULL seasons (I'm looking at you Moffatt!).  Of course you know how it ends (I actually cried!), but it's amazing.  Try it!!!!

Mr. Selfridge is available free on Amazon Prime.  

For Sci-Fi, watch Firefly (of course!!!!), and Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis (Atlantis doesn't start until S8 of SG-1 IIRC).  We are HUGE fans of those.  SG-1 has 10 seasons, plus the original movie (you need to watch that first!) and 2 movies after the series ended, and Atlantis has 5 seasons.  We have watched them all more than once.  Oh, and in 2 weeks we're going to meet Richard Dean Anderson (who was the lead in the first 8 seasons of SG-1, and also played MacGyver) at the Emerald City Comicon, plus Indy and I have tickets to the last Stargate convention this summer (in Chicago).  Did I mention that we're really big fans of the show?  If you haven't seen it, you are missing out.  Oh, in the original pilot of SG-1, there is very brief female nudity, but in the recut version (called Children of the Gods), they cut that out.

If you are willing to consider Asian dramas, I'd suggest you look into Korean dramas.  There are many genres, from the popular romantic comedies to melodramas to more action oriented ones.  Pasta is available on Netflix and is a good intro.  Although it is not action packed, it is a fun watch.  And if it's not your thing, there are so many more to choose from.  The production value is really high for most Korean dramas.  Another one that I just finished watching is Miss Korea.  It is not at all what you would think based on the title alone; this one goes a little deeper than many of its genre (romantic comedy).