Menu

Bob Jones Phonics & English 1

MamaBear

I'd like to hear too!  My ddK is child #4 and school just isn't getting as done as I'd like.  So I'm thinking of ordering this as distance learning - on CD or online video so I can be assured she is getting her phonics instruction done well.  I've heard its a really solid phonics program, but just from online reviews.  I'd love to hear what people here thought!

Both my middle children used it with great results. It starts off very easy, but they build throughout the year. It is thorough and teaches phonics and sight words. I really like it.

Thank you for this information.  I'm curious most about this description on the website:

Recommended Viewing Schedule: five 70-minute lessons a week; 165 lessons total per year plus twenty-seven 15-minute BookLink lessons

Did your children sit and watch a 70 minute lesson every school day?  I thought the sample classes were a lot of fun, and my K'er enjoyed them with me, but 70 minutes a day seems like way too much for her to watch a lesson.