Menu

Spanish Online at Oklahoma State University

I don't know how Potters School works, but we have done OSU Spanish.

A daily lesson plan is online and the student, like my daughter, follows the plan, completing the assignments daily, or however you choose to do it. There are few concrete deadlines so you can adapt it to your schedule.

Once a week, for approximately 30 minutes, my daughter called OSU and had a phone lesson. It varied by her needs - she could ask for help with something she was having problems with. Or the instructor could direct it, picking what he or she wanted to go over. Often my daughter had a phone lesson with the director of the program and sometimes those lessons could be over 30 minutes.

My daughter finished Spanish I and would continue with Spanish II but she was able to get a community class Spanish class. I think the face to face class will be better for foreign languages but I'm not sure we will find the cc class to be of the same quality as OSU.

Hope that helps. Ruth in NC

I just signed up my daughter for Spanish 2. The class is about 399 and billed after one month. This includes the book. I talked to the administrator before signing up because my daughter will be having surgery and probably a move this year. There will be no problems with us taking some breaks. She is supposed to start this Monday so I will report later how it is going.