Menu

Timberdoodle preschool pkg

Peaceful Isle

No, but I have used a number of the components and I love them. Timberdoodle has tempted me many times because their philosophy seems to match mine pretty well, at least when it comes to curriculum selection, and I referenced their kits when making a number of my selections, particularly the toys and hands-on items. There are a number of educational 'toys' in these kits so you need to consider if that suits you and your child/family to involve such items formally. Also fairly workbook heavy, which my child loves but yours may not. They are quite math/logic/motor skill focused in this age group, so if you are a history centered homeschool they may also not fit, and there isn't a great deal of literature so they wouldn't much suit a CM approach either. In fact I don't think they fit into any particular formal philosophy other than STEM based if you can call that a philosophy. But having said all that, for a family who's ideas match the concepts of the kit, they are awesome

Hope that helps a little.

I always look at them and always decide they aren't for us, though I do use them for some inspiration. The components can be bought MUCH cheaper elsewhere, such as Amazon, so I just buy the pieces I want at a good price. And I prefer to piece together bits myself as all-in-one currics never seem to fit all the different levels my daughter is at.

If they had a strong Bible curriculum we would have bought it last year. Right now for K I think I am doing MFW along with several of the items Timberdoodle includes in their core. Their stuff looks exactly like the picture I have in my mind of how our school should work but it just doesn't seem cohesive enough for this first time hs mom. Well, and it is crazy expensive.

If they had a strong Bible curriculum we would have bought it last year. Right now for K I think I am doing MFW along with several of the items Timberdoodle includes in their core. Their stuff looks exactly like the picture I have in my mind of how our school should work but it just doesn't seem cohesive enough for this first time hs mom. Well, and it is crazy expensive.

I already know that I'm going to use certain things with him for kindergarten, since they worked well for my girls, so I dropped the Language Lessons for Little Ones and What Your Preschooler Needs to Know, and added a few of the hands-on activities. I think that you just have to stay at or above the cost of the basic package to still be eligible for free shipping.