Menu

facebook question about personal info.

saja1029

To start, I know nothing about facebook. Don't have anyone else to ask either...

I was interested in creating an account for my Etsy shop. My question is….would people be able to search for my name (meaning my name, not my shop name) and get my Etsy shop? I want to sign-up for my shop, not for personal use. Therefore, I don't want my personal info. out there for all to see. Is this possible??

I've seen others not include any personal info. on their shop pages, but I don't know (since I don't have a facebook acct.) if you can be tracked down by your first/last name instead (that is, if you don't list this info. on your page). 

Hope this is as clear as mud! Thanks for any info.

And I believe you can open a FB account specifically to create a page now, you don't have to have a personal account first to then open a business page.  It didn't used to be that way. 

ETA -- Just checked and yep.  Here's the link for that: https://www.facebook.com/pages/create?campaign_id=163681540489385&placement=Facebook+for+Business&creative=header

Thank you both for the info.

milovany, I tried the link.  Said I had to sign-in :(

Ugh, you're right.  I see now that when you click the Sign Up button, it takes you to the page to create a personal account.  That's not what I was thinking, but it's still okay.  Just do create a personal account using your real name, go through the first few pages (click "skip this" to everything) to get to your main page, and then don't ever do anything with your personal account EXCEPT go to this link (https://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php) to create a page for your business. Once the business page is created, it's not tied to your personal account in that it never shows people "Hey, this is who opened this business page."  At all.  When you post to your business page, it's as the name of the business, not as your personal name. Bookmark the business page link and just only and ever go there to do anything. HTH!