Menu

WWE and FLL level 1

SereneHome

WWE Monday through Thursday, FLL on Monday, Wednesday, Friday is how we do it. The only things I skip are narration, dictation, and copy work as they randomly come up in FLL. That doesn't happen often though. If you're using an old FLL that has 1 and 2 combined in the first book, I've heard that it's much more redundant.

We begin FLL earlier than WWE so the grammar portion of WWE becomes review and reminder when we get to it. It makes sense that there is grammar stuff in writing as you can't fully tease grammar out and (IMO) write well.

The workbook has been plenty here. If you want to understand the methodology, you can pick up the text or listen to a few audio lectures.

We always buy PDF so I can reuse with younger kids.

We do FLL1 four days a week, one lesson (or review of a lesson if it's needed) a day. Usually takes 5-10 minutes, usually closer to 5 because we do not do the copy work. After FLL we do a lesson in WWE 1. We do Day 1 & 2 together on the first day, Day 3 (copy work) the second day, and split Day 4 up so that if they have an extra long narration to write out it can be split up so they're not overwhelmed by it.