Menu

Yahoo accounts - anyone with issues

So I had a yahoo account and I cannot access it. I have called customer service only to get repeatedly disconnected.  I have tried the email contact and it's been nearly a month.  Usually I don't care but I am part of some yahoo groups that I'd really would have liked to be able to have gotten into.  I have pretty much given up on yahoo and my lost email account that is active but unused.

So I had a yahoo account and I cannot access it. I have called customer service only to get repeatedly disconnected. I have tried the email contact and it's been nearly a month. Usually I don't care but I am part of some yahoo groups that I'd really would have liked to be able to have gotten into. I have pretty much given up on yahoo and my lost email account that is active but unused.

No advice, but :grouphug:

I have been having issues with my yahoo account for months! I assumed it was because of the whole Target security breach, as it started RIGHT after we were forced to get new cards and all sorts of drama/fraudulent activity.

My email account was hacked twice, Yahoo supposedly fixed everything and we now have pretty fool proof passwords...and then a ton of spam was sent from my Yahoo account to all sorts of random people including individuals I had not communicated with in years, and even colleagues of my hubby:(

I finally set up a gmail account, and am having yahoo mail forwarded there. I really hope things get settled as I am so tired of that...and all the new strange formatting issues that are causing me grief as well!

So I had a yahoo account and I cannot access it. I have called customer service only to get repeatedly disconnected. I have tried the email contact and it's been nearly a month. Usually I don't care but I am part of some yahoo groups that I'd really would have liked to be able to have gotten into. I have pretty much given up on yahoo and my lost email account that is active but unused.

Mine was inaccessible for over a month until Yahoo finally figured out that there was a flag on it after I called them the first time to try to solve the spam issue! Useless. Their email/report fraud online system is only slightly more responsive. That is, they emailed me back fairly quickly...I just don't think they actually bothered to READ the emails I sent. It took several back-and-forths to get them to understand exactly what I was attempting to tell them:(

Sounds frustrating.

I get text messages constantly with the Yahoo email password reset code for some guy who apparently thinks he has my phone number, because I used to get a lot of phone calls from employers hoping to set up interviews. Poor guy. He keeps having them text the codes. But he didn't put the right number in. I can say that the Yahoo phone and text thing actually works, but be sure to put a correct phone number in there. 

I have an alternative email account (hotmail that is as old as the hills) linked to my yahoo account to reset the password when they keep locking me out. Sadly I can't remember the password to the hotmail account. :o Better go reset that while I can still access yahoo.

I shut down my yahoo email a long time ago due to it sending out spam. Apparently that doesn't solve the problem though because, though it no longer exists, spam still shows up in my other email account and to old contacts addressed from me @ yahoo.

You can access yahoo groups (if you must) without a yahoo mail address. You'll just need to open a new account for it with Facebook or another address (if you can bring yourself to risk that info with them).