Menu

just put fence in but had to sorta give up one of our largest trees

Jeannie in NJ

we moved into our house in Dec and finally got our fence put in yesterday.  We live on a wooded lot with lots of trees including small, med and  3 large very tall trees.  One of the very largest ones  is a couple of inches over the property line but 99% on our property but we obviously could not put the fence over onto our neighbors yard so we put the fence down the property line until we got to the tree and the had to make a rectangle move around the tree giving the entire tree over on the neighbors side.  I hate basically giving up that tree even tho we do have lots of other trees and behind our house is tons of trees and a long distance to the neighbor behind us. 

I lived the last 20 years in a house with no trees at all in the back yard so I am loving all the trees that I now have, mostly firs and pines and I think birch (not sure, I don't know trees that well but I think they are birch if birch are tall skinny trees.  The pines are very tall and very thick trunks.

My cats are loving the yard, they went out for the first time today.  We were waiting for the fence before we let them out. The fence is tall and vinyl so we don't think they can ever climb it and we filled in under the fence so they are no gaps there.

I know the tree is still ours, I am just being weird about it being on the neighbors side of the fence lol.

None of the other trees are close to the fence, plus in our other house, we had 3 small/med trees in our front yard and none of the cats ever climbed them, they would just lay in the shade so i am hoping they will be just as lazy here and not try to climb any trees.