Menu

Olympic Opening Ceremony

Χά�ων

The German outfits were a very pointed "screw you" to Russia.  They were rainbows.  It's about Russia's anti-gay stance.  Officially, the German Olympic Sports Confederation said the outfits weren't a protest (because technically if they were honest about it, every German athlete could be tossed out of Russia or into jail because of "gay propaganda").

I liked them but I am of German ancestry myself and it is not unusual to see Germans wearing colours like that. They love to dress their children brightly. I was a little surprised they didn't use their national colours but really ...we weren't suffering for lack of teams dressed in black or red LOL.

My absolute favourite was the Tongan outfit. A ski jacket with a tasteful beach scene painted on the front lol. I want one so bad to wear when I visit Canada. Australia needs to copy for the next Olympics...they had the white jackets ..they just needed the picture.

The bolded is very true!  A lot of times it was difficult to find less than screaming at you colors for Han Solo's clothes.  Fortunately, C&A and H&M carried more muted tones.  They are also very into colorful tights for baby/toddler girls AND boys during the winter.  I love how their clothes were sized, as they actually fit, and really miss it.