Menu

IEW - SWI-A

mom2denj

I have the opportunity to purchase this used fairly cheap. I have a few questions. I have a second grader I would like to use this with. It says this is 3rd - 5 th grade level. Is this something that could easily be spread out over a couple of years? Any other advice would be great!!!

Oh and my second question....Is $40 a good price used for the lesson plans and the DVD's, but not including the student handouts? Is there anything else that I would need?

$40 is a good price.

You can do it at any pace. I completed the SWI-A over two years with my first set of kids, though I also added in other types of assignments. I am planning to do this with my 2nd grader next year. It works fine with a younger child as long as he is a strong reader and is able to write basic sentences.

$40 is a great price!  You can probably even sell it for the same or more when you're finished with it.  I've seen used sets sell for twice that price online.

I haven't looked in quite a while, but you used to be able to buy the student pages in pdf format on IEW's website (even if you didn't buy the DVD set new from them) for $15, so you might check into that or call them directly.