Menu

Here is my idea of the perfect planner

Moxie

I'm on a lifelong quest to find the perfect paper planner. I get closer every year but I'm not there yet.

-It needs to be pretty like the Erin Condren planner.

-I want a monthly calendar followed by a few blank note pages and then weekly pages.

-The lines need to be wide-ruled. I hate tiny lines.

-No contact pages or address pages.

-Plenty of blank note pages.

-Thick paper so ink does not bleed through.

-I would love to be able to add pages--basketball schedules, dance recital info, etc. I need some kind of punch so I can add pages.

-It needs to be spiral bound so I can fold the front all the way back. No giant binders!!

-It needs to include some kind of pouch to hold a pen and stickers--I love stickers!!

--It needs to be affordable. $75 is my absolute max!

The Erin Condren planner comes close but not quite.

So, does my dream exist??

For $75 that planner better plan itself!!! LOL I am sure if you looked online though you could find all that for free and put it together! That kinda sounds like the ultimate mom planner I used to have with all the stickers

I've looked at making my own and it never was pretty enough to inspire me to use it. The EC planner is beautiful and runs $50-100.

Make your own. Design it in publisher or even WORD or any software program that you like. Take it to an Office Depot and have it spiral bound. Have you also looked at Franklin Covey? They now have some floral designs and not just the straight business look.

I like the planners (diaries) at Tinyme.com .  They are much cheaper than $75 & can be personalized to a point.  You can choose full-size (A4) or half-size (A5) & there are 3 formats to choose from.  I like the grid format as I can more easily keep track of individual schedules, while keeping an eye on the total family picture.  They are spiral bound & there's an optional felt cover.  They do have 3-4 contact/address pages, but you could paste your baseball schedules, etc. on top of those pages.  The front has 6 pages of monthly calendars followed by weekly pages.  In the back are the 6 address pages & 6 notes pages.  You can get calendar year planners (diaries) or mid-year to mid-year (US school year) planners.

This year I got an A5 diary labeled with our family names + a row for bills due.  I also got an A4 diary with the 6 rows labeled: Menu, Weekly Jobs, Cleaning Zone, Bills, Appointments, & DH's work.  This I use as my "control journal" Fly Lady style.  

http://www.tinyme.com/personalized-diaries