Menu

Out of the mouths of babes, make that teens

retiredHSmom

So I recently turned full responsibility for my son's laundry over to him.  Up until now, we have worked together on it.  He is 14, I figured it was time for him to go it alone.

Last week I noticed that his feet were pungent, I also noticed that he was wearing one green sock and one brown.  Three days later he was still wearing one green and one brown sock and you could smell his feet from across the room.

His personal hygiene is excellent, so I questioned his laundry skills.  Apparently he was out of socks, having outgrown a number of pairs, but still had clean underwear and clothes and so decided some recycling was in order.

I loudly vetoed that practice and had him start his laundry (we also bought more socks).

This morning I went into his room to collect an empty storage tub and noticed a lot of laundry in his hamper considering he just did it all.

His lights contained three shirts that were still damp from the dryer, I knew he hadn't worn them yet.

When he go home tonight I asked why he had clean shirts in the laundry.

Apparently he ran out of hangers before all his clean laundry was hung.

Seriously.