Menu

U.S. ed. Singapore Primary Math instead of Standards ed. or MIF?

I'm thinking of switching from CLE for a quick girl who doesn't need the review and could benefit from fewer, more challenging problems. Dd found an old U.S. ed. Primary Math I had and likes it. She saw me looking at MIF and the standards ed. online and she said, "No. I only want this one." That's my second grade dd. Will I be running into trouble going that route? It seems like the standards ed. and MIF cover more topics.

My daughter fell in love with the SINGAPORE version of Primary Maths from a different publisher after I accidentally ordered the wrong set of books on Ebay. Except for the problem with getting copies, it was no problem. I don't see any reason why the older US version wouldn't work similarly. The syllabus is so standard that I had no trouble using the US edition IP from Mitchell Cavendish with the Singapore edition textbooks from Shing Lee, for example.

I have used the US edition for 1A/B and 2A/B and then switched to Stds Ed after that. Maybe after you use a level of US Ed and your DD gets used to the switch to SM, she would be okay with transitioning to Stds Ed for the next levels. Or you could just stick with the US Ed and add more skills through using Intensive Practice and/or Challenging Word Problem books.