Menu

I need a new coffee Machine! Looking for the posts about Coffee (and Bill Commented:)) Where is it??

SonshineLearner

I am a coffee snob. My main advice, if you want an excellent cup: Skip the K-cup madness. :)

Freshly roasted and ground beans are key. Pre ground beans equals pre-staled. Find a great bean supplier, and have them shipped. The cost will be comparable to buying high end in a store but the taste is so much better. I like Camano Island Roasters or Counter Culture, and we pay extra for organic, shade grown fair trade beans. Worth it. Both companies roast the beans the day before shipping. Other companies do the same, those are my personal favorites out of many.

Oops, you asked about machines ... But so much of a good cup is the bean. :)

We use a Jura Impressa S7. It's pricey, I know. We bought it refurbished. We wanted espresso options, among other things.

But I loved our Cuisinart Grind and Brew!

I have a black and decker one cup coffee maker (http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-Single-Serve-Coffee/dp/B008YS1WXE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1388788889&sr=8-3&keywords=black+and+decker+one+cup+coffee+maker).  It makes coffee and doesn't require filters.  The travel mug isn't great.  It doesn't make anything special though.  Just simple coffee.  I had a Bodum french press coffee maker for a while until the glass on it shattered.  It worked OK - I did get some grinds in it - not too much but enough to notice.

Beth

• 1 month later...
Guest jason21

Since it's your one addiction, you can splurge a bit. Get a good grinder and coffee maker. I'd suggest looking at the options Daily Cuppa Coffe offers and you can start with the bunn-o-matic coffee makers http://www.dailycuppacoffee.com/bunn-pour-o-matic-3-burner-pour-over-coffee-brewer. They can brew hot strong coffee and these machines are really durable too...but don't skimp on the coffee grinder. 

We really have enjoyed the Technivorm Moccamaster. DH makes the best coffee with it and Trader Joe's fair trade organic Bolivian beans. I think that's it. I grab it by the can appearance without reading now. Occasionally for a special occasion, we will grab TJ's 100% Kona. We take them on vacation. Coffee out somewhere is always a disappointment! I miss it very much. I'm pregnant and baby decided it did not like coffee about 2 months ago, so I'm stuck with tea.