Menu

Cyctocele repair--have you had one?

sillymommy

I'm weary of dealing with my cyctocele. I've been kegeling & squatting daily since I was pregnant with my first baby 11yrs ago. The exercises are great for everything except the cyctocele! I'm now considering a surgical repair. Consultation is in March.

I'd love to hear your experiences--good & bad--with surgical & non-surgical solutions. Thanks!

kegels only work one set of muscles.  you need to work all of the pelvic floor and everything to which it is connected so everything is worked in balance with each other.  yoga has good poses for this.

I had surgical repair after having had forceps with my last, very large, baby. My (different) gyn wanted to do a hysterectomy as part of the repair.  I wasn't comfortable with that (even though I was done having kids.).  I eventually went to a female urologist and was much more comfortable with her plan of action, both for the actual surgery (which still had its cons) and the testing she did beforehand to see where the actual damage was and how things were affected.

I probably would have given targeted yoga a try before doing surgery had I known about it then.  though some of the damage it probably wouldn't have helped.

I had mine surgically repaired along with a hysterectomy and rectocele repair.  I'm so glad I did it, and wonder why I waited so long to do so.  If you haven't already check out hystersisters.com.  Tons of great info.

I had one.  I had been seeing a top PT who specializes in women's pelvic floor issues and she told me that there wasn't anything more that she could do for me.  That part of the surgery went very well.  I healed quickly.  No complications.  However, while the stress incontinence was eliminated, I started to develop urge incontinence.  Still working on that.