Menu

Pre-K/Kind curriculum for 1st time homeschool mom?

Guest mickel05

Guest mickel05

I have read many of the posts on curriculum and found them super helpful... but also a tad overwhelming. I've decided that at least for this first year of homeschooling I would feel more confident tracking to a 3-4 day a week program that has already been planned out for us. From there I can supplement with some other things we are doing and plan to do (sports, art and science). 

Ideally we'd stick with a Christian-based program. The one I am looking at is Sonlight's Pre-K (for my 3 yr old) and Kinder program (for my soon to be 5 year old). I would add on Handwriting Without Tears.

Does anyone else have another recommendation? 

Thanks to all and a very Merry Christmas to your family!

Michelle

• 3 weeks later...

I used mfw k with a 5 year old and ds, then 3, tagged along. It was a great year. We did school 3 days a week but schooled year round so it did take longer to complete but got done in 15 months I think. I loved the Bible, read alouds, and all the fun hands on activities. The math and Lang were just right for my dd's learning style. We also added HWOT. Another benefit is I can reuse the curriculum with my ds for k. We won't do the full program as he'll tag along with dd, but it'll be fun to revisit the Bible, Lang, and math.

We started what has been a delightful journey with Five in a Row when my kids were K and PK.  We added HWT, and then learning-to-read and math, when they were ready.  I blog about our rows if you want to see what it could look like.  Link is in my signature.