Menu

If you wanted to simplify bible, history and geo for the younger years what would you use?

heidip2p

I have 8 kids. My 5th, 7th and 9th are in various levels of HOD. I am looking for somethimg easy to implement for my 1st and 3rd grader. I also have a 1yr old, 3yr old and 4yr old. :) I have phonics and math covereand reading. I am looking for ideas in

bible

history

geography

These are subjects I would like to keep us together for.

I am thinking maybe just a children's bible and a verse to memorize each week would work.

Maybe Little Passports for geography? Is it worth the money?

We are also using Science in the Beginning. 

I am just trying to simplify so we can put our home back in homeschool. :) Hope that makes sense.

I would read aloud a children's bible and 50 famous tales retold for history and bible for the youngers. When they get to 3rd grade, history is independent through MP starting with Greek Myths, then famous men of Rome in 4th, and so on. 3rd grade geography is sheppardsoftware.com learning states and capitals, and 4th grade is MP's geography.

I have 8 kids. My 5th, 7th and 9th are in various levels of HOD. I am looking for somethimg easy to implement for my 1st and 3rd grader. I also have a 1yr old, 3yr old and 4yr old. :) I have phonics and math covereand reading. I am looking for ideas in

bible

history

geography

These are subjects I would like to keep us together for.

I am thinking maybe just a children's bible and a verse to memorize each week would work.

Maybe Little Passports for geography? Is it worth the money?

We are also using Science in the Beginning. 

I am just trying to simplify so we can put our home back in homeschool. :) Hope that makes sense.

Bible- I would use the Children's Bible from MP- along with Christian Studies i if you wanted OR the VP Bible Cards OR Bible Study for All Ages

History - SOTW CD's. Also D'Aulaires Greek Myths CD's.

Geography- maps on the wall, globe in the house. learn the continents song ; )

I would/did choose Simply Charlotte Mason. It covers all three for all ages. Very flexible. Simple, daily schedule.

On the other hand, SOTW is (could be, at least) one book for history with some geography included if you use the maps. I would add to that informally. Reading the Bible and memorizing verses would suffice in that area and there are great devotionals you can do as a family (rather than "school"). That was my close second to what I actually did choose to do this year.