Menu

Big Book of Lively Latin updated!

NittanyJen

Hi all,

I just received a notice by email, and found my way to the following page.

The upshot is that The Big Book of Lively Latin, 2nd Edition has been released! It has been reorganized for double-sided printing (still permitting us to divide the book into sections if we wish as before-- like I did in my prior post here on WTM, though I have no affiliation with the company).

She added more content to both books.

Best of all, current owners do not need to pay to get the new edition!

Also, she is running a sale (substantial) through the end of December, with a pretty big percentage off. The entire website with the supplementary material has also been revamped. Woohoo!

I see what also looks like a try before you buy edition on the website.

http://livelylatin.com/doubledown/

I read your previous post about fussy printing the lessons, then bought the second edition last week and got confused (violin guy here).

Here is what I would like to know before I start printing, I will have two students taking it. Are the consumable parts on separate pages, or mixed in with the text?

I really liked how you had the different types of pages separated out. The way the lessons are set up now I think that separation happens automatically?

Thanks! I'm looking forward to delving into it whenever we stop for break.

Susan

I would recommend just printing out the first chapter and looking at it to see what works for you. The borders around the pages are different colors denoting what section they go in.

The only ones we pull out are the history pages (we started without history, but are starting to add it back in during history class). Everything else we just do the next page or two a day, plus chants. We often use the videos. It is completely open and go this way.

I actually just print everything in black and white. I put the vocabulary pages (and chant sheet) in the clear page protectors so that they are easy to find- and so they don't get worn out. I have the answer sheets and chapters on the iPad, so we can look at the art on it if we see something we want in color.

The book is mostly work pages- maybe 15% are just reading.

HTH

I read your previous post about fussy printing the lessons, then bought the second edition last week and got confused (violin guy here).

Here is what I would like to know before I start printing, I will have two students taking it. Are the consumable parts on separate pages, or mixed in with the text?

I really liked how you had the different types of pages separated out. The way the lessons are set up now I think that separation happens automatically?

Thanks! I'm looking forward to delving into it whenever we stop for break.

Susan

Hi Susan,

In the second edition, she has reorganized . . . it will now automatically print with the sections together.  

There are often short exercises on the lesson pages, so other than history pages, there is little chance to save by not printing (and many history pages also have questions) other than by doing the worksheets on an ipad directly, using Notability, an option not everyone enjoys.

You can print in fast draft mode, or just B&W as another poster has already pointed out, to save some money on toner or ink.