Menu

Finished FLL/WWE 1 early. Ideas for more of the same please...

Sally Day

My first-grader has finished FLL1 and is almost finished WWE1. I had originally planned to proceed to the next book but am now feeling that I would rather hold off. He's young (turned 6 in November). He's having no trouble with it and breezed through book 1 but I would rather build very firm foundations and have a relaxing year. Does anybody know of a program that covers the same material that we could use between now and August? Thanks very much.

For writing, you can try one of the three Classical Writing Primers.

For grammar, I think it would be quite all right to start FLL2. If you'd rather wait, other programs similar to FLL are Primary Language Lessons by Emma Serl, Sheldon's Primary Language Lessons, and English For The Thoughtful Child. All are free on googlebooks.com.

Check out the other thread currently up, entitled something like, "I think I found the Language lessons I've always been looking for" or something like that. It mentions Language Lessons through Literature, which looks similar and nice.

Classical Writing Primers--I love the looks of those, and I think they include grammar in them. ?

Check out the other thread currently up, entitled something like, "I think I found the Language lessons I've always been looking for" or something like that. It mentions Language Lessons through Literature, which looks similar and nice.

This is the thread. Here is link to a page with several of the levels on Amazon. The thread should answer quite a few questions for you. I think the Level 1 & 2 books are together, so you could get both & decide where you wanted to start once you got the book(s).