Menu

Tracfone smartphone users -- reviews please

chiguirre

I'm finally updating my dumb phone!

The options for Tracfone's smart phones are the Samsung Centura and the ZTE Valet. If you have either of these phones or a prepaid cheap Android that you love for a different provider, please tell me about it. I'll mainly use it for talk, a bit of text and accessing wifi. I may need to use the 3G occasionally when we're traveling.

Tell me what you love and hate about your phone!

Just make sure that there is decent coverage in the areas where you are going to be.

I actually carry both AT&T and Verizon phones (one is the loaner for the teens) because the coverage is so variable.  There are a few areas where one or the other don't work.  In one state where I was frequently travelling to there was zilch AT&T coverage outside of the largest city and state capital.  About 3-4 years before that, there was almost no Verizon coverage there.

On vacation this last summer only AT&T was supposed to work, but when we got there we found out that our older dumb phones wouldn't work.  We needed a more recent phone. Thankfully the house came with a cell phone (no land lines there).

The pay-as-you-go networks and phones can be iffy.