Menu

Am I Being too Rigid/Selfish re Visitors and Disruptions?

Here's what I tell my parents (kids grandparents).  I refer her to one of her other grandchildren who attend public/private school.  Let's call said child "X".  I always say, "Well, would you pull "X" out of class for the same thing?  Would you drop in on "X's" class to chat.  Would you insist that "X" stop their class at school to spend time with you?"  If the answer is "no", then it is the same for you.  You are conducting school.  Not playing.  Not goofing off.  Just doing your job.  You have a lot on your plate and are doing the right thing.  You need to get everyone up to speed and you don't have a lot of time with some of them.  Stick to your principles. 

I have 5 kids, 4 of whom I am currently homeschooling. Even if my mom drops in "for a few minutes", it disrupts everything and often it is an hour before we get back on track.  I don't have an extra hour.  It doesn't work.  I put a stop to it. 

Good luck.

Hot Lava Mama