Menu

MP - JUST the recitation plans?

SnMomof7

Thanks! I was actually thinking of grouping all my kids in say, K, even though they are all different ages. Circle time style. Call it extra practice for the older kids (who haven't had much memory work), then move on to the other grades (say, up to 3rd) and cycle everyone through every few years.

Each grade level starts off with a review of the previous grade's recitations.

Junior K contains the alphabet and questions about the alphabet (vowels, lower case/capitals, etc), questions about the calendar, the pledge, counting in various forms, planets, seasons, cardinal directions, and things like that.

Kindergarten contains review of junior k, continents, more kinds of skip counting, knowing where you live, naming coins and amounts, questions about the American flag, holidays, phonics questions, naming capitals, oceans, and more

First grade contains review of K, time zones, clock questions, punctuation marks, temperature questions, measurement questions, omnivores, vertebrates, and more.

Second grade contains review of first, some questions about the layout of the Bible, fact, opinion, literary terms, parts of speech, some math and more.

Hope that helps

I see that you can order the recitations for just $3 each level http://www.memoriapress.com/curriculum/classical-core-curriculum/lesson-plans-subject?field_subject_tid=381 but I don't see Junior K. Do you know where they'd be listed on the site?

Those seperate lesson plans and recitations are really cool!

Although I'm a bit miffed right now. When I emailed them about the recitations this summer, they told me that they were only in hardcopy and so I had to pay shipping *to Europe* on top of it. And now they have everything as a download......hrmpf.

ETA: Oh, and I paid 5$ each for the recitations!

Those seperate lesson plans and recitations are really cool!

Although I'm a bit miffed right now. When I emailed them about the recitations this summer, they told me that they were only in hardcopy and so I had to pay shipping *to Europe* on top of it. And now they have everything as a download......hrmpf.

ETA: Oh, and I paid 5$ each for the recitations!

The price went up!

I wish mine had been a download. I have a hard copy and it would be nice if I could print out a fresh copy each year.

The price went up!

I wish mine had been a download. I have a hard copy and it would be nice if I could print out a fresh copy each year.

Yeah!

The moment I received them, I started typing them up (removing certain too American items). A pdf would have been very handy. Not to mention the shipping costs....