Menu

one more ?????CLE Bible Sunrise edition

ammv15

Just looking for any reviews of the Sunrise edition of CLE Bible. I know there aren't too many fan of the original but anyone give the newer version a try?I am considering using grade 1 and 2.

Thanks ladies for responses. I just have one more question. My dc are just starting 2nd grade. Do I have to start with CLE bible grade 1 or can I just start with grade 2? Will they be missing too much if I start with grade 2?

I have some that I only used for a few lessons.  I thought it was a bit dry.  There are activities to do with each lesson but I really do think some are not appropriate for what a child that age could do.  

We just read a section of the Vos Bible and then my son does a drawing narration of it most days.  

We started them at grade 2.  We also have morning devotions and AWANA verses so this was more just icing on the cake.  The guys really enjoyed them and would do extra in them.  The were quite simple with the intent not stretch reading abilities.  As they got older we would only do CLE when we weren't doing more challenging studies such as D4Y or Proberbs People.  Since they're only 5LU long it was perfect.

We like it. 1st and 2nd are very simple. Short bible story followed by an activity/coloring page (my DD was asking for more coloring). it builds up and gets pretty meaty by 5th with map work etc. What I really like is the emphasis on Bible culture with vocabulary and common objects/buildings etc. drawn and explained in grades 3-5.

Currently doing 1st, 5th, have 2nd on hand, have done 1 LU of 3 and 4. Very nicely laid out and designed. Open and go. Affordable.