Menu

Long shot. Has anyone taken the mini pill(Micronor)

dancer67

I started this pill last month. I spotted for a few days, and got what I assume was my period on Day 25. Around the same time I usually get it. It was a lot lighter then my normal periods. But the cramps? Just debilitating. Horrible. So I just get done with my period a week ago Thursday. And I get my period AGAIN on Thursday. Such severe cramps that I have to go back to bed. And the bleeding was so much heavier. About the same as I get when not on Micronor.My husband thinks I should stick with it and see if it gets better. I am on my firt week on the second pack. I am taking this because I cannot take regular bc pills.(I am 45 with high blood pressure). I already tried Mirena and that did not work. My regular periods are not horrible, but annoying as I bleed heavier on day 2. But at least I could leave my house and was not doubled up in such pain.

My concern is what happens if I just stop taking this? Will I bleed for a long period of time? I struggle with anemia, and I have had it under control with just taking an iron pill and a prenatal vitamin. Now I fear that if I come off of this, I am going to bleed more and my iron stores will plummet again. I am so angry at myself for trying these. I should have left well enough alone and let nature take its course.

I also noticed I do not see as well with my contact lenses. That is kind of freaking me out.

So I don't know if I should stay on this and see if things get better. Or just deep 6 this stuff and deal with my periods that really were not all that horrific to begin with. I just hated my period on day 2 where I would bleed heavier(But not soak a pad every hour). And by day 3 it was cut in half.

Ugh. So disgusted. I do not want an ablation, so please do not mention this. Would like feedback from those who have taken this, or know someone who has. Thanks muchly!

Wondering if the side effects will die down in time. It is really the horrific cramps. I am not taking this for BC, I am taking this to see if it would slow the bleeding down. But it sure didn't do that this second time in only a week. I just had it last week. UGH.

It's really annoying. I think I am going to stop taking it. I already had two periods with only a 6 day break in between. Now, if I stop. I assume I am going to start bleeding all over again? I am SO SO done with any kind of artificial hormones. I think I am just going to let nature take its course. Before I took this pill, I could at least function.