Menu

OUAT In Wonderland lastnight??

clarkacademy

There will be spoilers read at your own risk!!! Cannot believe Mom In High Heels hasn't posted this thread yet!!!

SPOLIERS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!

STILL COMING GO BACK GO BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, what did everyone think?  I read next week we will get to see some more characters from The Enchanted Forest YAY!!! I liked lastnight but I was really thinking they were gonna find him for some reason. I hope the whole thing isn't just her searching for him. I really did see the fairy dropping him though I mean that was coming! It was obvious LOL!!! For some reason when they were on that rock I said watch it isn't a rock it is a giants hat or something. It was a turtle LOL! I am not liking the queen anymore maybe I like her less?? She just don't fit the part in my opinion. I liked Jaffar on Lost I keep thinking OK now Sayid throw off the dress and start swinging :)

Everyone wants to kill the knave.I still see poor Tom though when I look at him. I was like yeah keep messing with him till he wolfs out!! I think it is funny that you still see the characters they played when you got to know them. I enjoyed it myself I just keep saying please don't get cancelled!!!

I watched. I don't like the queen either. Her lips look so painfully swollen that I have a hard time taking in anything else she does. All her facial expressions look the same. Like Botox gone wrong or something. Weird.

Anyways... She is the only thing we don't like about the show so far. Maybe she will get better with time. Or maybe they'll kill her off.

DD and I watched.  I also knew Silvermist was going to throw him in the water.  : )  Speaking of Silvermist, dd was thrilled she was in it!  She went through a fairy phase a couple of years ago, and Silvermist was one of her favorites.  I called the Mock Turtle, too.  I didn't call it until it threw them in the water, but as soon as that happened, I knew what it was.  I agree with you on the Queen.  I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt last show, but there's just something about her.  Dh walked in when the origami bird message came to Alice.  He wants some of that magic paper.  : )  So who is Knave's Anastasia?  I cannot recall a fairy tale character with that name.  What do I need to go read now?  I am ticked at the White Rabbit.  What a weasel!  

DD and I watched.  I also knew Silvermist was going to throw him in the water.  : )  Speaking of Silvermist, dd was thrilled she was in it!  She went through a fairy phase a couple of years ago, and Silvermist was one of her favorites.  I called the Mock Turtle, too.  I didn't call it until it threw them in the water, but as soon as that happened, I knew what it was.  I agree with you on the Queen.  I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt last show, but there's just something about her.  Dh walked in when the origami bird message came to Alice.  He wants some of that magic paper.  : )  So who is Knave's Anastasia?  I cannot recall a fairy tale character with that name.  What do I need to go read now?  I am ticked at the White Rabbit.  What a weasel!  

The only one I can think of is the Anastasia as in the princess or whatever she was. Czars daughter I believe so what would that make her??? Czarina maybe??? Didn't Disney do an animated version years ago, I seem to remember getting all the toys from Burger Kings happy meals for it. That is all I can come up with at the moment. I want some of that paper too!!!!!

Also who is Silvermist???? I really truly have no memory of her at all :(

Silvermist is one of the Disney fairies.  I don't know if she's in any of the old fairy tales or not.  Some of the other fairies in Silvermist's realm are Vidia (a troublemaker and dd's absolute favorite - yikes!), Rosetta, Fawn, Iridessa, and Tink.  

Oh, if it matters, Silvermist is a water fairy.

The only one I can think of is the Anastasia as in the princess or whatever she was. Czars daughter I believe so what would that make her??? Czarina maybe??? Didn't Disney do an animated version years ago, I seem to remember getting all the toys from Burger Kings happy meals for it. That is all I can come up with at the moment. I want some of that paper too!!!!!

Thank you.  I do know of the real life Anastasia, but I did not know Disney did something with her story.  I can't imagine what on earth they did with her?  Ick!  Certainly not a happy ending there.  

Thank you.  I do know of the real life Anastasia, but I did not know Disney did something with her story.  I can't imagine what on earth they did with her?  Ick!  Certainly not a happy ending there.  

It was years ago because my oldest was little. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118617/                 So this is all I can see where an Anastasia would fit in with fairy tales

If it's going to go all Disney gunk, then I might be done with it. I'm not really a fan of Disney and have no desire to watch 42 minutes of character product placement for it.

I had no idea the fairy was a Disney character. I knew about the Anastasia Disney movie, but it really sucked. I guess the knave could be the gold digger con artist who accidentally discovered the lost Anastasia and reunited her with her family to get the reward and fell in love with her? Meh.

I know many of the characters in OUAT are also done by Disney, and I get that ABC is Disney owned, but the characters actually come from a long history of fairy tales and one doesn't have to be "into" Disney to enjoy the program.

If wonderland is going to be more heavy into Disney than literary characters, then I doubt I'll keep watching for very long.

I disliked red queen a little less this week than last.  i think i'm missing whatever reference to jafar you guys are making.  I also assumed anastasia the russian story but had forgotten about the step sister.  I still find it basically boring and pointless.  true love and everyone else is mean and manipulative .. and iffy CGI.  

I disliked red queen a little less this week than last.  i think i'm missing whatever reference to jafar you guys are making.  I also assumed anastasia the russian story but had forgotten about the step sister.  I still find it basically boring and pointless.  true love and everyone else is mean and manipulative .. and iffy CGI.  

He played the character Sayid on the series LOST

There will be spoilers read at your own risk!!! Cannot believe Mom In High Heels hasn't posted this thread yet!!!

I know!  I'm a slacker.  I haven't watched it yet though!  GASP!  Clutch the pearls!   I will be watching it this evening though.  I haven't read the spoilers, but I'm SOOOOOOOO tempted!  I'll be back later with more exclamation points.  ;)

I know!  I'm a slacker.  I haven't watched it yet though!  GASP!  Clutch the pearls!   I will be watching it this evening though.  I haven't read the spoilers, but I'm SOOOOOOOO tempted!  I'll be back later with more exclamation points.   ;)

There you are friend!!!! I was worried you were LOST LOL!!!!!!!    As for the character Jaffar I don't know if he has done anything else other than LOST.

I watched it and really enjoy it so far. I also watch OUAT in Neverland, and started growing tired of it by the end of last season, but am excited at the new plot developments this season. I'm really liking both.

I agree the definite weakness is the casting of the Queen. I keep thinking how much better Regina's mom was at evil queen than her. Besides, her lips bother me. And her eyes always look watery.

I like the casting of Alice. I thinks she fits that role perfectly. I'm looking forward to the back story of knave, and why he is so hated. I see a kind heart in there.

Hope the ratings are okay and they keep it going. I really enjoy watching these shows with my girls.

Beck

I watched it and really enjoy it so far. I also watch OUAT in Neverland, and started growing tired of it by the end of last season, but am excited at the new plot developments this season. I'm really liking both.

I agree the definite weakness is the casting of the Queen. I keep thinking how much better Regina's mom was at evil queen than her. Besides, her lips bother me. And her eyes always look watery.

I like the casting of Alice. I thinks she fits that role perfectly. I'm looking forward to the back story of knave, and why he is so hated. I see a kind heart in there.

Hope the ratings are okay and they keep it going. I really enjoy watching these shows with my girls.

Beck

I agree with all of that!!!

Okay, I finally got a chance to watch it!  I really like it and hoping it doesn't get cancelled.  I agree with much of what you guys have already said.  I'm just not digging the Red Queen.  She's...blah.  Her lips don't bother me, but she's just kind of wooden and her costumes are too subdued IMO.  If you're going to be a queen and live in a palace that looks like chess pieces, go big and wild with the clothing.  Also, her crown in too small.  If you get to wear a crown, by golly, you wear a CROWN! ;)

I immediately thought of Cinderella's sister when she said Anastasia, but they weren't in Wonderland, so how would that work?  I don't know.  FYI, the Anastasia movie was not made by Disney!

Oh, Knave/Will!  I want to know your story!  What happened to you and why does everyone hate you so?  I think he got his heart broken and struck out in anger and jerkishness afterwards to cover up his hurt.  Poor, poor Knave.  

I know I've fallen off with the exclamation points, but I'm tired and while I like the show, this episode was good, it wasn't !!!!!!!!  Probably because there's no Hook!

Okay, I finally got a chance to watch it!  I really like it and hoping it doesn't get cancelled.  I agree with much of what you guys have already said.  I'm just not digging the Red Queen.  She's...blah.  Her lips don't bother me, but she's just kind of wooden and her costumes are too subdued IMO.  If you're going to be a queen and live in a palace that looks like chess pieces, go big and wild with the clothing.  Also, her crown in too small.  If you get to wear a crown, by golly, you wear a CROWN! ;)

I immediately thought of Cinderella's sister when she said Anastasia, but they weren't in Wonderland, so how would that work?  I don't know.  FYI, the Anastasia movie was not made by Disney!

Oh, Knave/Will!  I want to know your story!  What happened to you and why does everyone hate you so?  I think he got his heart broken and struck out in anger and jerkishness afterwards to cover up his hurt.  Poor, poor Knave.  

I know I've fallen off with the exclamation points, but I'm tired and while I like the show, this episode was good, it wasn't !!!!!!!!  Probably because there's no Hook!

Thanks!!! I truly thought it was Disney based on the fact their were Burger King toys and since back in the day I worked for Burger King I know at one point they had a deal to have the Disney toys but I guess McDonalds has it now. I found this         Anastasia is an animated film produced by Fox Animation Studios, distributed by 20th Century Fox Film Corporation, and directed by Don Bluth (The Secret of NIMH (1982), An American Tail (1986), The Land Before Time (1988)) and Gary Goldman. In short: no.

So thanks I may have said that in conversation and looked stupid!!!!! :lol:                     

Well we don't know how anyone got to Wonderland so she could have ended up there in one way or another. These characters seem to end up in far off places LOL! :driving:   I know a lot of the theories are based in the fact at the beginning we saw Cinderella when the knave swiped her keys. I know the main characters are Snow White and her family but I still think Cinderella should be thrown in there cause she just rocks!!! By the way Snow and Charming got married in real life this weekend!!! Congrats on their Happily Ever After :hurray:

I like the knave too and would like to see him with someone too but then again I just see poor Tom from Being Human and he always lost in love LOL! Tonight is our Neverland night YAY US!!!!!! :lurk5: