Menu

would you go to work for a friend?

Maus

A dear friend has offered me a job. I could sure use the money, but I'm worried that it could change our friendship. He and his wife are my two most trusted friends right now, and I've leaned on them a lot recently, as I've dealt with DH's mental illness.

Oi, I'm going to have to think this one through carefully.

anyone else here have experience with this situation?

I haven't had any experience with this, but I think it all depends on the nature of the job as well as the nature of the friendship.

I would enter into it with things well laid out as far as contract, pay, and all that jazz.  

I did do some babysitting (regular hours/days for a set amount of $) for some friends of ours and it ended unexpectedly.  For a week or two I was a little bothered because I didn't know *why* exactly, and part of me was worried that for some reason she didn't like me/my parenting style/my house/whatever.  In the end, I got over it.  They aren't super close friends of ours to begin with, and we already knew we had some differences, and I wouldn't say our friendship is any different now than it was before.  

Closer friends, whatever, Idk.  I think it all just depends on the situation and the people involved.