Menu

MathXL

Kathie in VA

Has anyone else's kids had to use this?  This is my 2nd one that is stuck having to do his homework with this software and he ends up getting answers wrong just because he typed them in wrong.  He doesn't get to keep a record of his work to look back on either.  I do think it is neat in that he can pop up more information on the current problem and even get hints if he needs it; but it's frustrating too.

My dd had to use it last year and it really didn't help her.  She did much better with a professor that didn't use it.

Just wondering if anyone else has to use this program also.

I haven't used this one, but I've used other online programs.

Re: Record of work, can't he write it down in a notebook and then enter it to the computer?

Re: Typing them in wrong, it's unfortunate, but there's no real way to fix that. I wish we had smarter computers.

I haven't used this one, but I've used other online programs.

Re: Record of work, can't he write it down in a notebook and then enter it to the computer?

Re: Typing them in wrong, it's unfortunate, but there's no real way to fix that. I wish we had smarter computers.

yes, that is just what I told him.... write down each one, work it out, and then put that into the computer.  This will take longer though and there are lots of problems... ug.

It will make he pay more attention to the actual question asked ... in order to type in the answer correctly... So when it asks for the values of 'x', he shouldn't type in points like '(7,0),(9,0)' he needs to type in '7,9'