Menu

Announcing... (I don't have a good title for this post)

I hope this isn't advertising, but here goes.

Over the last several years, as most of you are aware, things have been sorta, erm... not what I expected to be living, exactly. Throughout these challenging times, I have been privileged to be on the receiving end of amazing support, both here (former message boards, too) and IRL, sometimes it even crosses over. ;)

A dear friend has watched and helped through all this and is now taking steps, realizing through these experiences that there are other mamas out there who need similar help, and she's launching a charity in order to better address those needs.

I wanted to share this with you all for a couple of reasons. First, it seems like we're all in this together (humming) and there's been enough rotten stuff, it must be time for good things. Who does one share these good things with? Why, you lovely people, of course! Second, she's looking for donations (of course) from whomever might be able to provide them, suggestions if you've got 'em, but most of all, good thoughts and prayers. Contact info is on the right hand side of her page, should you need it.

So here's the link: Out of the Gray. The title of the blog is "Style with Purpose" and serves sort of as a newsletter for the organization. I won't be able to explain it without getting all weepy, so go on over and take a look.

Thanks, ladies and gentlemen, for this and for all your many other kindnesses as my punkins and me have worked toward developing our new normal.

XO,

me

• 1 month later...
It is good to see something beautiful coming out of the trials of these last few years.

I was actually thinking of you as I headed off to the first board meeting. Sometimes all those "broken plates" (still grinning at the image I have in my head of you throwing them) can be made into the most gorgeous mosaics, no?

Hugs to you and your new little one.

Wow, the last part of her mission statement:

Our goal is not only to provide some nice, personally stylized clothing and other miscellaneous items for self-care, but also to represent to these women that they are not invisible. We respect their sacrifices and support them in their quiet acts of devotion, and will do what we can with what we have to increase their ability to lead within their families and within their communities.

sad055.gif

What a lovely friend you have, Mama Bear. :001_smile:

Wow, the last part of her mission statement:

Our goal is not only to provide some nice, personally stylized clothing and other miscellaneous items for self-care, but also to represent to these women that they are not invisible. We respect their sacrifices and support them in their quiet acts of devotion, and will do what we can with what we have to increase their ability to lead within their families and within their communities.

sad055.gif

What a lovely friend you have, Mama Bear. :001_smile:

She is an absolute treasure. :) And the best part? This is exactly who she is, no kidding. She's also funny, smart, gorgeous :D and was my roommate in college.

Thank you for your kind words -- she read them and got all sniffy herself.