Menu

Oldest DS just finished OPGTR!

Laura Cook

May I ask, what would you say his reading level is, now that he's finished?

If that's too personal, I apologize.

Not the OP, but my DD just finished it too and I'd say she reads at a late third or early 4th grade level now. She scored a grade equivalent of 4.0 on the reading portion of the IOWA test which she took over the summer.

May I ask, what would you say his reading level is, now that he's finished?

If that's too personal, I apologize. 

I would say he is pretty solid at a 3rd grade level. I think the end of OPGTR moves really fast but he was tired of the lessons and bent on finishing it so we went through it quickly. Honestly, I'm not really sure where to go from here! The plan right now is to just read and then read some more! I am hoping that as we work through the rest of the AAS levels that it will help his reading as well.

Congratulations! I remember how good it felt to get to the end with my oldest! And now I'm back in the OPGTR trenches with my youngest...

I'm still working through it with my other two also. I am happy to be done with one, and can't wait to be done with the other two! Unfortunately it is going to be quite awhile before we get there.