Menu

Google disabled my gmail account!

PrincessMommy

:glare: I went out for about an hour tonight, came home and I got a message from gmail:

To keep our systems healthy, Google has temporarily disabled your account. This primarily occurs when we detect unusually high levels of activity on your account. In most cases, it should take one hour to regain access. In rare cases, it can take up to 24 hours for access to be reinstated.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

Here are some reasons why this could have happened:

1. Receiving, deleting, or downloading large amounts of mail via POP or IMAP in a short period of time.
  2. Sending a large number of messages to many people.
  3. Being logged into or synchronizing Gmail on many computers, clients, or mobile devices.
  4. Browser-related issues. If you find your browser continually reloading while attempting to access your Inbox, it’s probably a browser issue, and it may be necessary to clear your browser’s cache and cookies.
  5. Providing access to file-sharing, file-storage software, email analytics services, browser extensions, or third party software that automatically logs in to your Gmail account.

For more help troubleshooting this issue, click here. For Google Apps users, please contact your administrator if you have any further issues.

I've tried for the last 1.5 hours to get in but no luck.  I was right in the middle of a craigslist transaction too.

has anyone had this happen before?  Did it really take 24 hours to get access again??

We just had this happen today. Last week our Earthlink account was hijacked by a spammer using it as a spoofed address, so we got flooded daily with all the bouncebacks, 50+ each day. The Earthlink FAQ said to just wait, and after a week Earthlink noticed and changed the password to the account. Dh had to do a live chat with the Earthlink rep to get the new password - they couldn't e-mail us a notification, obviously.

PJ - yikes!!  I would cry if I lost 15 yrs of correspondences.

I was up in the middle of the night with insomnia.  I checked gmail and it worked!  Then within about 3-5 mins gmail only froze up... and would not come back.  So I closed all my tabs and shut down the computer.  This morning I opened up gmail on Chrome (I usually use Firefox) and it seems to be working fine so far.  I'll try Firefox a little later to see if that's part of the probl.  But I'm going to wait until Its more convenient for me.