Menu

Science 6th Grade?

Meg6993

I can not, for the life of me, decide on a Science curriculum. I was going to go with Switched on School house but am now debating if I should look into something else. We haven't really done much Science other than interest lead and we did one year of Apologia but found it kind of blah (maybe it was just that one specific book - Day 5 Flying Creatures). I hear AiG is good too, but haven't seen any reviews on it. I was looking at Memoria Press Science as well: http://www.memoriapress.com/curriculum/science/j-h-tiner-science-series

What do you all use for Science 6th grade? Any suggestions? 

Thanks in advance! 

We just started BJU science 5 without DVDs and me and the kids like it. They are learning textbook and study skills, record keeping and lab skills. I did work out a detailed schedule so that we will hopefully complete it on time. The teachers manual, student text and activity books are all very helpful. We have only completed 8 lessons, but so far so good!

My 6th grader is using Memoria Press as a guide this year.  Though we are piecing it together for a space/science year.  We are using the 3rd grade Astronomy book alongside her 4th grade sister.  This has a lot of memorization that is good for her.  Then I am having her read through the Space section of her Usborne Science Encyclopedia alongside.  She is to write a summary on that once a week and check out the online links when possible.  We will supplement w/videos, art projects, planetarium visits, and using our telescope.

For Earth Science I got her the 7th grade Tiner set from MP.  Again, she will use her Science Encyclopedia alongside. 

I needed not a lot of experiments this year.  So I got the telescope and a good microscope that will last through high school and many books on things to do with it.